Sunday, August 12, 2012

lost in the woods

We had to drive up to Blue Mounds today on a trial run before I have to drive out there for a class that is coming up for me at the end of the month.   We planned to find the teachers house then go for a hike in one of many parks around the area and have lunch.

The ride up went very smoothly, all interstate and we found her house pretty easily.  We had to ask a few people directions to the state park but soon found it and jumped right in to hiking.  We'd never been there before and we soon got lost on a huge loop that circled around a gorgeous ravine full of huge chunks of limestone.  There was limestone everywhere!  I didn't know what it was till we got back to the rangers station and then found out the whole area is loaded with limestone or dolomite!  I got a nice chunk of it to take home for my collection.

Anyways, we got lost and came out almost 3/4's to a mile from the rangers station on the road in, so out of the park.   Had quite a hike to go just to get back to the car after we'd been hiking for quite awhile already and beginning to flag.

I wanted to flag someone down and see if we could hitch a ride in but hubby wasn't haven't it, so had to drag my weary ass and aching feet all the way in.  Suddenly a car drove by with 222 (everything is going to be alright, stay positive) followed immediately by a 444 (thousands of angels are surrounding you right now) AND I found ANOTHER hawk feather right at that moment.  I was grinning from ear to ear.  It is very apparent now that the Angels are working overtime to let me know they are right there with me every step of the way, letting me know I'm safe and all is well.

THANK YOU ANGELS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We had an awesome lunch at the one open resturant in town and made it back home quickly. 

No comments:

Post a Comment